Reading is one of the most valuable skills a person can have, but studies show that children who grow up in homes without books never make reading part of their life.
Reading Recycled is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with a simple goal: to put books into the homes of all children. This mission is the brainchild of our founder, Anne, a certified teacher with a Master’s degree in Education. Anne was shocked after watching a documentary about young children with no books to read. As a teacher, she knew how devastating this was, and resolved to make a difference.
We box up and deliver the gently used books, while new books are put into birthday baskets for children in need. We are constantly looking for new avenues to get books into the hands of the children who need them the most.
Currently, we are providing books and baskets to the following locations:
• Helping Hand Rescue Mission
• Dignity Housing
• Mattie N. Dixon Community Cupboard | Neighbors Helping …
• Reach Out and Read Greater Philadelphia – Reading is …
• WIC (Women, Infants and Children) Nutrition Program Norristown
• Womens Community Revitalization Project
• PathWays PA – Helping women, teens, children and …
• Welcome To Philadelphia Reads | Philadelphia, PA
We are looking forward to some exciting new affiliations we have in the works—keep watching for details!